2023 Conference and AGM Announcement
The 2023 Conference and AGM is fast approaching and most of the arrangements have been finalized. As many of you know the 2023 Conference and AGM will be take place from September 20th – 22nd at the Lord Elgin Hotel in Ottawa, Ontario.
The schedule of events include:
- The CNAREA session on Wednesday September 20th will be an informative and frank discussion on the state of the appraisal industry and the direction of the association. Jim Carty, President, Stacy Thomson, CEO, Greg Link, Director of Education, and Kevin Lonsdale, Executive Director will be presenting and be available for questions.
- In the afternoon on Wednesday September 20th, we are pleased to have George Dell. George will bring a unique perspective on Data Analytics and Appraising.
- Thursday September 21st will start off with a look at the issue of Mortgage Fraud and will include an expert industry panel.
- Thursday afternoon will be the AGM and updates on a number of topics including the Financial Affairs of the Association. Elections will be held for four seats on the Board of Directors and voting will take place for any changes to the Association’s By-Laws.
- Receptions will be held each night, and on Thursday we will be going offsite to the Social Restaurant and Lounge.
A block of rooms has been set aside for convention attendees however there is a limited number. The room block will be in place until Saturday August 19, 2023. Following this date, any remaining rooms will revert back to the hotel and reservation requests will be accepted on a space available and a rate available basis.
Registration to attend the Conference and AGM in person or virtually, nominations for board of directors, and notification of voting by proxy are available at cnarea.ca, Member Log in.
We are looking forward to meeting members in person but continue to stress that participation is key to the operation of any successful association, and we encourage all of you to participate in this year’s AGM virtually if you cannot attend in person.
If you have any questions, please contact Kevin Lonsdale at 1.888.399.3366 ext. 3 or Amanda Eigenbrood at 1.888.399.3366 ext. 1.