CNA210 – REPORT WRITING UPDATE
This 1 (one) day course reviews correct and practical methods of completing the form type residential appraisal report with emphasis on USPAP compliance. The course includes discussions on current issues as noted by lenders, and other industry stakeholders. There is a review of both the Cost Approach and the Sales Comparison Approach, including methods of calculating effective age from the market, and depreciation. Specific methods of calculating adjustments in the Sales Comparison Approach are presented with several examples and case studies. This is one of the most detailed courses available on report preparation.
• The physical report
• The narrative sections
• Completing the form
• USPAP compliance
• Land valuation
• Depreciated cost
• Site adjustments
• GLA adjustments
• Condition adjustments
• Sample formats
• Case studies and examples
- Course credit hours: 8
- Students must attend the Zoom session and pass an online examination to receive credit for completing this course.
- Students must have a calculator and be proficient in its use, access to Zoom, and a working camera and audio.
- Registration closes 2 weeks before the course start date.
Workbook (pdf): “Report Writing Update”
- You will receive the course material via email prior to the course start date. *It is highly recommended to self study before the course start date.*
- This mandatory course is to be completed by all members, of all designations, every two years after completing CNA205.
CNA101 – Introduction to Real Estate Appraising
CNA103 – Introduction to the Fundamentals of Market Data
CNA202 – Residential Cost Approach
CNA203 – Residential Sales Comparison Approach
CNA205 – Completing Residential Reports