CNA310 – Certified Appraisal Reviewer Program
This course is designed to give appraisers the knowledge and skills required to become Certified Appraisal Reviewers. The course is a mix of self-study, as well as a 2 day, online session designed to teach appraisers how to complete an Appraisal Review Report, as well as the roles and responsibilities of being a Supervisor for a Candidate Member.
• Introduction to Appraisal Review
• Appraisal Review and the USPAP (Standard #3)
• Reviewing Appraisal Reports
• Writing an Appraisal Review Report (USPAP Standard #4 – 2018)
• USPAP Standard #3
• How the Sales Grid works
• Viewing Consistency between the 3 Approaches to Value
• Roles and Responsibilities of being a Supervisor
• Case Studies for Reviewers
• Case Studies for Supervisors
• Online exams – 2 part exam, as well as submission of a report as a Supervisor, and as a Reviewer
- Course credit hours: 24
- 16= 2 days in class
- 6 = Prework using “Residential Appraisal Review” workbook
- 2 = Independent study between classroom days
- Students must attend the Zoom sessions and pass an online examination to receive credit for completing this course.
- Students must have a financial calculator and be proficient in its use, access to Zoom, and a working camera and audio.
- Registration closes 2 weeks before the course start date.
- For members newly obtaining the designation: successful completion of an Appraisal Review Report, a Candidate Review Report and 2 part online examination is required to receive the designation.
- For members renewing their existing Reviewer designation: successful completion of a Candidate Review Report and 2 part online examination is required to maintain the the designation.
Workbook (pdf): “Certified Appraisal Reviewer” & Various case studies
- You will receive the course material via email prior to the course start date. *It is highly recommended to self study before the course start date.*
- For members who do not yet have the Reviewer designation: You have held the DAR Professional Designation for no less than 2 years.
- For members who have the Reviewer designation: required to complete CNA310 as a refresher every 4 years from when you received the designation.
Once you are a Certified Reviewer, you will complete CNA210 in two years, than CNA310 and keep rotating the two as long as you hold the Reviewer designation.