CNA103 – Introduction to the Fundamentals of Market Data
This correspondence course has been designed to teach the market data abstraction method of making sales comparison approach adjustments. It includes a complete overview of all types of depreciation. The course is taught by use of problems and case studies contained in a working student manual. Students must complete the quizzes within the workbook and pass an examination to receive a certificate of completion.
• Review of appraisal principles and terminology
• Depreciation methods
• Introduction to market abstraction
• Case studies applying the mathematics of proving adjustment
• Methods applied in supporting dollar adjustments for depreciation
• Market abstraction of depreciation, contributory value, and appreciation
• Isolation of depreciation using the income approach
USB: Principles of Residential Real Estate Appraisal
Participant Manual 1.2
“Basic Appraisal Principles”
By: Calvin W. Moye, IFAS
CALMO Realty Services, Inc.
Total Continuing Education Hours: 45
Prerequisite: CNA101 Introduction to Real Estate Appraising.
This course is mandatory for the DAR designation and should be completed by the end of year two of being a member.