CNA104 – Introduction to Residential Construction
This correspondence course has been designed to teach the basics of residential construction, manufactured housing construction, subdivisions, and the use of the Marshall & Swift Residential Cost Manual.
• History of housing in North America
• Zoning, building codes, and flood insurance
• The component parts in the construction of a house
• Identifying different house styles
• Application of the Marshall & Swift Residential Cost Manual
• Methods for appraising proposed and existing subdivisions
• Determining the quality of manufactured housing
• Techniques of appraising manufactured housing
• Quizzes and Final Exam
- Course credit hours: 45
- Students must pass an online examination to receive credit for completing this course.
Textbook: “Basic Construction Refresher”
By: Hondros Learning
Downloadable links: Instructions
eCourse: Quizzes and Exam
- the downloadable links will appear in the ‘Downloads’ within your Account Dashboard online.
- the quizzes and exam will be in your E-Course User Profile
- This course is mandatory for the DAR designation and should be completed by the end of the fourth year of being a member.
CNA101 Introduction to Real Estate Appraising