CNA202 – Residential Cost Approach
This 2 (two) day course is a comprehensive look at the cost approach to value. It includes basic cost approach theory and principles along with all aspects of depreciation. All methods of land valuation are explained in detail. Instruction in the use of the Marshall & Swift Residential Cost Manual includes two actual case studies that are completed by the student in class.
• Principle of the cost approach
• Why Estimate Cost
• Sales comparison in the cost approach
• The three elements of the cost approach
• Land valuation
• Marshall & Swift Residential Cost Manual
• Case studies
- Course credit hours: 16
- Students must attend the Zoom sessions and pass an online examination to receive credit for completing this course.
- Students must have a calculator, access to Zoom, and a working camera and audio.
- Registration closes 2 weeks before the course start date.
Textbook: “Residential Site Valuation & Cost Approach”
By: Hondros Learning
- You will receive the course material via email prior to the course start date. *It is highly recommended to self study before the course start date.*
- This course is mandatory for the DAR professional designation and must be completed by the end of the second year of membership.
Prerequisite: CNA101 Introduction to Real Estate Appraising