CNA203 – Residential Sales Comparison Approach
This 1 (one) day course instructs both new and experienced appraisers on correct and practical methods of completing adjustments in the sales comparison approach. The course includes methods of calculating depreciation and effective age from the market. Land or site adjustments are also addressed. Many actual examples and case studies cover GLA adjustments and, how to calculate effective age/condition adjustments using the effective age comparison method. The relationship between the cost approach and the sales comparison approach is discussed.
• The sales comparison approach
• Effective age/condition adjustments
• GLA adjustments
• Calculating depreciation and effective age from the market
• Sales comparison adjustments and USPAP compliance
• Depreciated cost and market value
• Site adjustments
• Sample comments
• Case studies and examples
- Course credit hours: 8
- Students must attend the Zoom session and pass an online examination to receive credit for completing this course.
- Students must have a calculator, access to Zoom, and a working camera and audio.
- Registration closes 2 weeks before the course start date.
Workbook (pdf.): “Residential Sales Comparison”
- You will receive the course material prior to the course start date. *It is highly recommended to self study before the course start date.*
- This course is mandatory for the DAR professional designation and must be completed by the end of the third year of membership.
Prerequisite: CNA101 Introduction to Real Estate Appraising