CNA205 – Completing Residential Reports
This 1 (one) day course instructs both new and experienced appraisers on correct and practical methods of completing the form type, residential appraisal report with emphasis on USPAP compliance. The course includes detailed instruction on completing both the cost approach and the sales comparison approach, including methods of calculating effective age from the market, and all forms of depreciation. Land valuation is also addressed. Specific methods of calculating adjustments in the sales comparison approach are presented with many actual examples and case studies.
• The physical report
• The narrative sections
• Completing the form
• USPAP compliance
• Land valuation
• Depreciated cost
• Site adjustments
• GLA adjustments
• Condition adjustments
• Sample formats
• Case studies and examples
- Course credit hours: 8
- Students must attend the Zoom session and pass an online examination to receive credit for completing this course.
- Students must have a calculator, access to Zoom, and a working camera and audio.
- Registration closes 2 weeks before the course start date.
Workbook (pdf): “Completing Residential Appraisal Reports”
- You will receive the course material prior to the course start date. *It is highly recommended to self study before the course start date.*
- This course is mandatory for the DAR professional designation and must be completed by the end of the third year of membership.
- You are required to complete the refresher course, CNA210 Report Writing, every two years after completing CNA205.
- CNA101 Introduction to Real Estate Appraising and
- CNA103 Introductions to the Fundamentals of Market Data OR
- CNA203 Residential Sales Comparison Approach