All of the following requirements must be met to be eligible for the DAR Exam:
- Have worked in the field full time for two years as a Candidate member.
- Have completed all the mandatory courses (list here: DAR Education Requirements).
- Contact email@example.com to advise which exam date you prefer (scheduled in the Events Calendar).
- An approval that you’re ready to take the exam, from your supervisor. Your supervisor can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit 2 reports (not yet reviewed by your supervisor) to email@example.com to be reviewed for approval.
- Registration will close 30 days before the scheduled exam dates. This will allow us time to review and ensure you’ve met all the requirements to write the exam.
- Pay invoice of $250.00 (plus tax). Invoice will be emailed to you through PayPal and shall be paid no later than 1 week before the scheduled exam date. **Invoice will be sent if approved to take the exam.**
Exam dates will be scheduled on the 1st Thursday of the following months: February, May, September, December.
You will be required to join a Zoom session, a link will be emailed to you close to the exam date. Working video and audio will be required and a financial calculator.
Your DAR exam consists of a series of three (3) timed sections and two (2) breaks with a total allotment of four (4) hours.
The Zoom session will start at 1PM EST. If you sign into the Zoom session after 1PM, this may reduce the amount of time you have left to complete the exam. It is advised to join the Zoom session 15-30 minutes ahead of time to ensure you have proper access to the exam. You will be given verbal instructions in the Zoom session before you start the exam.
The three (3) exam sections and times are:
- USPAP & General Principles (80 minutes)20-minute break
- 3 Approaches to Value (80 minutes)20-minute break
- Case Studies (150 minutes)
The exam questions in each section will be randomly generated each time a member writes/rewrites the exam.
Once you begin an exam section, a timer will start and you will only have that allotted time to complete it. So, if you need a break between sections, you should wait to click “Start Test” in the next section.
You will challenge each section in the order listed above and must complete one section before moving on to the next.
Your exam grade will not be visible once you complete the exam. We will contact you as soon as we can with your grade and mail you a DAR certificate if you passed. You will be required to upgrade your insurance coverage to reflect your new designation before you can use it on a report.
If you have any questions, please let us know.