This is a 2-day online course suitable for residential appraisers of all experience levels. After a brief review of the basic appraisal principles, the student is guided through a comprehensive case study of a complete residential form type appraisal. The cost approach is covered utilizing the Marshall & Swift cost manual. Land valuation methods are addressed with five sales comparables supplied for analysis. The sales comparison approach includes nine comparables from which the student must select the best three, then complete an actual appraisal report. The income approach is discussed with a variation of possible valuation methods. Suggestions for complete report preparation and USPAP compliance are presented.
- Course credit hours: 16
- Students must attend the Zoom sessions and pass an online examination to receive credit for completing this course.
- Students must have a calculator, access to Zoom, camera and audio.
- Registration closes 2 weeks before the course start date.
CNA101 Introduction to Real Estate Appraising
- Schedule for each day (Zoom sessions): 10am – 6pm EST
- You will receive the course material via email prior to the course start date. *It is highly recommended to self study before the course start date.*
- 1 week cancellation notice required prior to the course or the course cost will be non-refundable.
- This course is mandatory for the DAR professional designation and must be completed by the end of the first year of membership.