This 1 (one) day course instructs both new and experienced appraisers on correct and practical methods of completing the form type, residential appraisal report with emphasis on USPAP compliance. The course includes detailed instruction on completing both the cost approach and the sales comparison approach, including methods of calculating effective age from the market, and all forms of depreciation. Land valuation is also addressed. Specific methods of calculating adjustments in the sales comparison approach are presented with many actual examples and case studies. This course is a membership requirement for those who apply for DAR memberships.
- Course credit hours: 8
- Students must attend the Zoom session and pass an online examination to receive credit for completing this course.
- Students must have a calculator, access to Zoom, working camera and audio.
- Registration closes 2 weeks before the course start date.
Workbook (pdf.): “Completing Residential Appraisal Reports”
- Schedule for the day (Zoom session): 10am – 6pm EST
- You will receive the course material prior to the course start date. *It is highly recommended to self study before the course start date.*
- 1 week cancellation notice required prior to the course or the course cost will be non-refundable.
- You are required to complete the refresher course, CNA210 Report Writing, every two years after completing CNA205.
- This course is mandatory for the DAR professional designation and must be completed within the first year of membership.
A condition of membership or:
CNA101 Introduction to Real Estate Appraising and
CNA201 Residential Real Estate Appraising