Registration will close 30 days before the scheduled exam dates. This will allow us time to review everything and ensure you’ve met all the requirements to write the Exam.
All of the following requirements must be met to be considered to challenge the DAR exam:
- Have worked in the field full time for two years as a Candidate member;
- Have completed all the mandatory courses (list here: DAR Requirements);
- Email from your Supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org, their approval, that you’re ready to take the exam and hold the DAR designation;
- Submit 2 reports (not reviewed by your supervisor) to email@example.com to be reviewed and approved;
- Pay invoice of $250.00 (plus tax). Invoice will be emailed to you through PayPal and shall be paid no later than 1 week before the scheduled exam date.
For Exam Day:
- Members must have a calculator, access to Zoom, and a working camera and audio;
- Members must attend the Zoom session and obtain an overall grade of 80% to receive the DAR designation;
- You will receive a Zoom link within the week leading up to the Exam day;
- The Exam will be assigned to your E-Course User Profile
The allotted time for the Exam will start at 1PM EST. If you sign into the Zoom session after 1PM, this may reduce the amount of time you have left to complete the exam. It is advised to join the Zoom session up to 15-30 minutes ahead of time. Once everyone is logged into Zoom, we will give you an introduction to how the exam is set up, and where to access it, if you are unfamiliar with our e-courses.
There will be five (5) hours allotted to complete your DAR exam, which consists of a series of six (6) timed exams totaling four (4) hours. We allotted five (5) hours to allow for a break, if needed.
The six (6) exam topics and times are:
- USPAP (20 minutes)
- Case Studies (80 minutes)
- Sales Approach (30 minutes)
- Income Approach (20 minutes)
- Site Valuation & Cost Approach (30 minutes)
- General Principles (60 minutes)
Once you Begin an exam (any of the 6), a timer will start and you will only have that allotted time to complete it. SO, if you need a break between exams, you would wait to click Begin Exam in the next topic. You can challenge each segment in any order you like, however once you begin an exam segment you must complete it before starting another one.
*Your exam grade will not be visible once you complete the exam.* We will contact you as soon as we can with your grade and mail you a DAR certificate if you were successful. You will be required to upgrade your insurance coverage to reflect your new designation before you can use it on a report.
The next available Exam date: September 2, December 2