Thank you for your interest in CNAREA!
Information on this page is for the general public who have an interest in the career of being a Real Estate Appraiser.
Being a Real Estate Appraiser can be rewarding and challenging and we are here to guide you and provide an ever evolving education platform to assist with your success.
*Please take some time to browse our website, as there is lots of opportunity to learn more in depth about our courses, events, announcements, and more*
Am I ready to be a Real Estate Appraiser?
- I am at least 18 years of age or older and hold a high school graduation diploma at the university entrance level.
- Understand that to become a fully designated appraiser, there is a process, which all new members must follow. (See Education Requirements *below* and Becoming A Member)
- We recommend to everyone that they research first. Learn about the industry, see if it’s right for you. Contacting local appraisers and/or internet search are good ways to start.
- Understand that the general public are not permitted to register for our courses. Only members.
- Learn about our Education & Course Requirements. We’ve provided an education timetable that members must complete to advance to the Designated Appraiser Residential (DAR) designation. Are you able to commit to the time it takes to complete all of our courses?
- Check out our price guideline. Are you able to commit to the fees that are required as a member of CNAREA?
- Understand that we have policies and bylaws, that all members must abide by.
- Understand that CNAREA does not set your income. CNAREA is not your employer, we only educate and license our members.
- Have I checked out the FAQ page on this website? We answer even more questions here!
- Do I have a job lined up? Contact our Certified Appraisal Reviewers to see who will hire you as a Candidate member.
- A supervisor (Reviewer) will be helpful if you are new to the industry, when studying your courses. They will be the ones you learn from, and will guide you if you need assistance with course material.
- See our Job Board for possible job opportunities!
- Being a successful Appraiser is being someone who can research! Please do your research first, through our website, before contacting us about what is involved with being a Member/Appraiser. We will redirect you back to this page if you send an inquiry asking what you need to do to be an appraiser.
I‘m ready! What’s next?
If you are interested and wanting to move forward with your career as a Real Estate Appraiser, you will need the following:
- Supervisor (Reviewer), if submitting Candidate Member application
- Criminal Record check – must be current (within 90 days of submitting your application) and must be certified by police/RCMP
- Current Resume
- Education completion documentation (diploma/degree/transcripts of courses equivalent to our industry)
- Submit your online application: New Membership Application.
**There is important information on every page that you are redirected to when you click on any of the above blue links. Please read thoroughly so you do not miss any additional requirements that may be mentioned.**