This is a self-study of the 2024 USPAP document and the 2024 USPAP Guidance and Reference Manual. Members are to complete the Online Modules while they read through the 2024 Summary of Actions, a publication which outlines and explains the adopted changes to both the USPAP and Guidance and Reference Manual. Reading the entire 2024 Summary of Actions document, following the Online Module’s guided readthrough of the current USPAP changes, verifying the relevant USPAP references, and completing the provided quiz questions will help equip CNAREA appraisers with the crucial knowledge they need to keep up-to-date in their profession.
The program provides an overview of the coming USPAP changes pertinent to daily appraisal practice including:
- Changes to the USPAP Ethics Rule
- Changes to USPAP Standards
- Changes to USPAP definitions and terms
- Revisions to AOs
- An overview of appraiser bias and discrimination
- Current appraisal issues and their relevant USPAP references
- 2024 Summary of Actions (digital version)
- 2024 Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (digital version)
- 2024 USPAP Guidance and Reference Manual (digital version)
- CNAREA Market Rent Directive (digital version)
- CNAREA AAVM Communiques (PDF)
- CNAREA USPAP Online Modules (in Inspera)
Members will have access to the digital documents upon purchase. Access to the online Inspera modules will be available to those who purchase starting January 2, 2024.
|Please note: In the past, the Advisory Opinions and Frequently Asked Questions were bundled with the USPAP document. Now they are contained in a separate publication called the Guidance and Reference Manual.
Course Fee: $375 CAD plus tax
Course credit hours: 7
Prerequisite: None. This course is mandatory for all members (except Retired and Associate Members) and is to be completed by February 29, 2024.
Course assessments: Online module quiz questions. No final exam.